Sunday, November 9, 2008

Gedanken Video-Clip

(A Thought Video-Clip)


Und ich sitze immer noch
In meinem kleinen Spiegelraum
I’m still sitting
In my small mirror room

AnNa is sitting in front of a dressingroom mirror. Brunette waves drape her neck down till the shoulderblades. Reflected in the mirror, her gaze does not pay attention to the necklace she is fixing.

Warte dass mal jemand klopft
Damit ich mich bewegen kann
I wait for someone to knock
So I can move

Barely distinguishable, in a darkening room, a masculine shape faces a wall. AnNa’s mirror shows its opposing wall sliding and revealing another mirror. AnNa walks to the centre of the room.

Stell mir vor - wie du wohl bist
Ob du schoen bist oder blond
Face me as you are
Whether attractive or blond
Weisst du wie das Leben ist
Hinter dieser Spiegelfront
D’you know how it is living
Behind this mirror

The man is now facing a see-through window. At the centre, a femme fatale in crimson evening dress. She waits until the wall has opened completely and slowly starts dancing, paced and secure.

Ich tanz ganz nah vor deinen Augen -
Doch sehe ich dich nicht
I dance in front of you
Still I can’t see you
Du zahlst mit deinen Kupfermunzen -
Und ich dreh' mich nur fuer dich
You count your copper -
And I turn just for you

ANna is dancing in front of the glass surface. The masculine silouette behind it is barely detectable. She is not dancing a solo routine, all her movements revolve around the shadow through the mirror.

Auch wenn uns nur das Fenster trennt
Komm ich dir niemals nah
Only the window between us
Still I never come close
Stell mir vor wie du wohl liebst
Und das ich das nie leben mag
Face me as you’d like to
I don’t wish to live on

From behind the man’s shoulders, the coreography is symmetric.

Wenn die Zeit vorueber ist
Die Wand sich wieder schliesst
When the time is over
The wall slides closed
Doch will ich nicht dass du gehst
Denn ich leb' nur durch dich
Still I don’t want you to leave
‘Cause I live through you

The wall slides close. AnNa keeps dancing.

Ich tanz ganz nah vor deinen Augen -
Doch sehe ich dich nicht
I dance in front of you
Still I can’t see you

AnNa keeps dancing.
The rythm of the song becomes frantic and the movements scattered.
She keeps dancing.

No comments: